PREGNANCY & POSTPARTUM
Level 1 Certification
Improve coaches’ and trainer’s ability to provide high quality, educated strength training to pregnant and postpartum individuals at all stages and of all fitness backgrounds.
6 hours of pre-recorded lecture material, resource videos of demonstration (including application of content to Jenny’s own pregnant body throughout pregnancy), a 68 page course manual, PDFs of all powerpoint presentations from lecture.
which gives life long access including any future updates to the material.
- Recognize myths and bad information that is circulating.
- Know basic anatomy of the pelvic floor, how it functions and how to cue up-training and down-training of the pelvic floor.
- Understand how the pelvic floor operates within the bigger core stabilization system.
- Be able to recognize poor posture and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Be able to recognize pathological breathing patterns and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Be able to recognize ineffective stabilization strategies and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Understand the mindset of athletes in pregnancy and postpartum for effective communication and coaching.
- Have basic knowledge of the physiological changes in pregnancy and postpartum with coaching implications throughout.
- Be familiar with signs and symptoms of dysfunction in addition to common diagnoses and what to consider in coaching someone with each of them.
- Know the contraindications to exercise and be able to recognize when referral in indicated.
- Effectively integrate posture, breath and muscle recruitment into functional movement and weightlifting for effective strength and conditioning of the pregnant and postpartum population.
- all lectures marked as completed
- written case study assignment demonstrating understanding and application of information
- passing grade of 60% or higher on quiz
- completion of course evaluation