New Beginnings: Your Complete Pregnancy Program (with live calls)
About the Class
Jenny Putt PT, a pelvic floor physical therapist, covers everything you need to know about your pelvic floor and core in this course. Does she answer all of the questions that come up during pregnancy like how do I keep core strength? what exercises should I not do? what sleep positions are most comfortable? what do I do for symptoms? and more. She also gives easy-to-follow instructions on what to do today to optimize your physical well-being while growing a baby and prepare your pelvic floor forgetting that baby out to set you up for the smoothest possible recovery.
What will you learn in this course?
- Red flags that warrant a doctor/OB/midwife call or visit.
- The changes your body goes through during pregnancy and the consequences of such.
- How to maintain core stability throughout pregnancy.
- Pelvic floor anatomy and function.
- Pelvic floor symptoms of dysfunction and what to do about them.
- What about each upper and/or lower body pain you may experience throughout pregnancy?
- Exercise guidelines.
- Exercises for a glut and core strength.
- Guidance and recommendations on supportive belts and bands.
- Sleeping tricks and positions.
- Addressing the mental struggles of pregnancy.
- Preparing your pelvic floor for labor and delivery.
- What’s best for your pelvic floor in active labor and delivery including positions and pushing strategies?
- There is also a sneak peek at the postpartum pelvic floor course, Whole Again.
Who should take this course?
Are you pregnant or plan on getting pregnant sometime in the near future?
If you know you are going to want the same guidance postpartum, make sure you shift over to the postpartum pelvic floor course (Whole Again) about 1 month before your delivery. A lot of focus often goes into pregnancy and then you are left in postpartum feeling broken and unsure of what to do. The postpartum course prevents all of this and it’s best to soak up the information while you are still pregnant. This allows you to have all the information needed on day 1 of postpartum so you will be confident in how you feel and what to do about it immediately.
This course includes weekly live group coaching calls. This ensures that your questions are answered and your individual experience is supported throughout the pregnancy. The calls are on Mondays at 9:00 am PST and 6:00 pm PST* and no worries if you can’t make the time. You will have the ability to email Jenny Putt PT directly to get your questions answered. Calls are also recorded when there are attendees or questions submitted and all recordings are included within the course modules so you can view them at any time.