Pregnancy and Postpartum Functional Fitness Level 1 Certification
$197.00Add to cart
Improve coaches’ and trainer’s ability to provide high quality, educated strength training to pregnant and postpartum individuals at all stages and of all fitness backgrounds.
A 4-part recorded lecture (almost 6 hours of instruction) with many demonstration videos, some of which are filmed during Jenny’s most recent pregnancy. The powerpoint and a 68 page certification manual included in PDF form. To receive certification, participants will need to submit a case study to demonstrate understanding of the information and effective application with a client, pass a quiz and complete a course evaluation. Your purchase gives you life-long access which will include any updates made to the course in the future.
- Recognize myths and bad information that is circulating.
- Know basic anatomy of the pelvic floor, how it functions and how to cue up-training and down-training of the pelvic floor.
- Understand how the pelvic floor operates within the bigger core stabilization system.
- Be able to recognize poor posture and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Be able to recognize pathological breathing patterns and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Be able to recognize ineffective stabilization strategies and correct it through cueing and/or modification.
- Understand the mindset of athletes in pregnancy and postpartum for effective communication and coaching.
- Have basic knowledge of the physiological changes in pregnancy and postpartum with coaching implications throughout.
- Be familiar with signs and symptoms of dysfunction in addition to common diagnoses and what to consider in coaching someone with each of them.
- Know the contraindications to exercise and be able to recognize when referral in indicated.
- Effectively integrate posture, breath and muscle recruitment into functional movement and weightlifting for effective strength and conditioning of the pregnant and postpartum population.